Followers

Sty from Eye Makeup: Girls, Beware

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A lump or swelling of the lids may be due to hordeolum, commonly known as sty. (A sty (hordeolum) is a red, painful lump near the edge of your eyelid that may look like a boil or a pimple.) In most cases, a sty heals on its own within a few days to a week, leading to relief from symptoms. A sty especially develops in women when she shares a cosmetics or cosmetic eye tools with other people and touch, rub or scratch their eyes with dirty hands. Quick remedy for this would be applying warm compress on the infected area as often as possible until the swelling stops. If the swelling subsides but a small hard lump persists, time to go to the doctor because it may already need a minor operation.

1 comments:

Lianne September 23, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

I agree. Sometimes girls forget to throw expired or overly used make-up items. :) Also, if you don't mind, may I be in your blog roll? I'll include you in mine if you'd like. :)

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a woman with simple dreams. I'm easy to be with, friendly, most of the time jolly but sometimes moody, loving and sweet. I love sharing my stories of life and somehow I want other people to learn something from me.

Site Info and Links:

Blog Catalog

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click here to view our Privacy Policy

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP